ICOHAR 2019 is supported by the European Society for Clinical Microbiology and Infectious diseases (ESCMID) and organized by the ESCMID Study Group for Veterinary Microbiology (ESGVM). As part of its mission, ESGVM promotes One Health by facilitating joint research and training collaborations between medical and veterinary microbiologists within areas of common interests, namely zoonoses and antimicrobial resistance. The event is organized in collaboration with other organizations:
- The central theme of ESCMID Study Group for Host and Microbiota Interactions (ESGHAMI) focuses on clinical significance of and therapeutic interventions on host-microbiota associated diseases and health in both humans and animals.
- AMR and One Health are priority topics for research and education at the Department of Veterinary and Animal Sciences of the University of Copenhagen. Among the various One Health activities, the Department coordinates a large multidisciplinary research center on control of AMR in people and animals (www.uc-care.ku.dk) and is involved in the organization of MSc course on AMR shared by veterinary and medical students.
- The European Association of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology (EAVPT) is the leading organisation of veterinarians active in the field of pharmacology and pharmacotherapuetics in Europe. The Association is strongly committed to the development of safe and effective therapeutics in the context of One health initiatives cognisant of the impact on animal, human and environmental health.
- Edinburgh Infectious Diseases (EID) is the network of infectious disease researchers and clinicians in Edinburgh. AMR is a priority research topic for this network, which fosters infectious disease teaching and training at all levels within the University, including the development of a new MSc in One Health.
- Netherlands Center for One Health aims for an integrated One Health approach to tackle the global risk of infectious diseases, and commits to create durable solutions for this major challenge by bundling world-leading academic top research in the Netherlands in the area of One Health.
- The World Small Animal Veterinary Association (WSAVA)
The ICOHAR organizing committee is composed by:
Prof. Luca GUARDABASSI (ESGVM)
University of Copenhagen (DK) and Royal Veterinary College (UK)
Prof. Patrick BUTAYE (ESGVM)
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (SKN) & Ghent University (B)
Prof. Johanna FINK-GREMMELS (NCOH and EAVPT)
Utrecht University (NL)
Prof. Ed J. KUIJPER (ESGHAMI and NCOH)
Leiden University Medical Center (NL)
The ICOHAR scientific committee is composed by:
David DOCKRELL (chair)
Edinburgh Infectious Diseases, Roslin Institute (UK)
Ross FITZGERALD (vice-chair)
Edinburgh Infectious Diseases, University of Edinburgh (UK)
Patrick BUTAYE, ESGVM (ESCMID Study Group for Veterinary Microbiology), Ghent University (B) and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (SKN)
Ed J. KUIJPER, ESGHAMI (ESCMID Study Group for Host and Microbiota Interaction), Leiden University Medical Center (NL)
Matteo BASSETTI, ESGCIP (ESCMID Study Group for Critically Ill Patients), University of Udine and Santa Maria Misericordia University Hospital (I)
John COIA, ESGCD (ESCMID Study Group for Clostridioides difficile), University of Glasgow (UK)
Teresa COQUE, EFWISG (ESCMID Food- and Water-borne Infections Study Group, EFWISG), Instituto Ramón y Cajal de Investigación Sanitaria (ES)
Susanna ESPOSITO, EVASG (ESCMID PK/PD of Anti-Infectives Study Group), Università degli Studi di Perugia (I)
Delia GOLETTI, ESGMYC (ESCMID Study Group for Mycobacterial Infections), National Institute for Infectious Diseases (I)
Jodi LINDSAY, ESGS (ESCMID Study Group for Staphylococci and Staphylococcal Diseases), University of London (UK)
Nir-Paz RAN, ESGMI (ESCMID Study Group for Mycoplasma Infections), Hadassah Medical Center (IL)
John WA ROSSEN, ESGMD (ESCMID Study Group for Genomic and Molecular Diagnostics), University Medical Center Groningen (NL)
Arjana TAMBIC, ESGARS (ESCMID Study Group for Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance), Zagreb University Hospital for Infectious Diseases (HR)
Margreet C. VOS, ESGNI (ESCMID Study Group for Nosocomial Infections), Erasmus Medical Center (NL)
Marcus ZEITLINGER, EPASG (ESCMID PK/PD of Anti-Infectives Study Group), Medical University of Vienna (AU)
Oliver DYAR (ESCMID Study Group for Antimicrobial Stewardship), Karolinska Institutet (SE)